Extreme Heat Planning
Are you prepared for the heat this summer?
Extreme heat can have a serious impact on the health and wellbeing of everyone.
Here are a few tips to stay safe this summer:
- Drink plenty of water so you stay hydrated.
- Wear cool clothing.
- Keep your home cool.
- Make use of air conditioning.
- Stay out of the sun as much as possible.
- If you need to be in the sun make sure you apply sunscreen, wear a hat and cover up.
- Never leave your children or pets unattended in your car.
- Stay in touch with people who are unwell and elderly friends and relatives to make sure they are ok.
- Make sure your pets stay cool and have plenty of water.
To find out more about being prepared for extreme heat click here.
Are you aware of the dangers caused by Extreme Heat?
For information on the dangers of heat stress and the measures that can be adopted to mitigate the effect please refer to the following: