Many items can be recycled when collected separately. Some of these are listed below with the collection points.
Most drink containers, bottles and cans can be taken to a local recycling depot in exchange for a refund. Check the item - it will confirm if the 10c deposit applies when sold in South Australia.
Local recycling facilities:
- Newton Bottle Yard, 6 Antonio Court, Newton. Telephone 8336 7476
- Magill Recycling and Salvage, 8 Nightingale Avenue, Magill. Telephone 8431 5102
Old or unwanted clothing can be reused or recycled. Consider giving good quality clothing to family, friends or charity groups for reuse.
Contact your local pharmacy to see if they have a collection box for unwanted medicines. Alternatively, visit the Return Unwanted Medicines (RUM) website at http://www.returnmed.com.au/ to see how your unwanted medicines can be disposed of.
X-ray films contain silver in the form of halides, which can be extracted and converted into pure silver. Visit the Siltech website for more information.
Unwanted X-Rays can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Siltech, 1 Deeds Road, Camden Park
- Regional Red Cross Superstores
- Hampstead Gardens superstore, 317 North East Road Hampstead Gardens. Telephone 8367 5344
- Unley superstore, 166 Unley Road, Unley. Telephone 8271 8640
'Cartridges for Planet Ark' run the national printer cartridge recycling program. Used and empty laser and inkjet printer cartridges can be taken to participating Australia Post outlets, Officeworks, Harvey Norman, Tandy, Dick Smith Electronics and Powerhouse outlets.
Visit the Cartridges for Planet Ark website for more information on this program.
- Clean Campbelltown Home
- Electronic Waste
- Mobile Phone Recycling
- Food Scrap Recycling
- Composting & Worm Farming
- Hard Waste
- Hazardous Waste
- Kerbside Collection
- Waste to Landfill
- Organics for Compost
- Recycling & Reuse
- Mattress Collection
- Other Waste
- Scrap Metal
- Tips to Manage Waste
- Waste & Recycling Journey