Recreation and Leisure

Visitor Frequently Asked Questions

What are the dates and times of the markets?

3 November 2017, 6–10pm
1 December 2017, 6-10pm
2 February 2018, 6-10pm
2 March 2018, 6-10pm

How do I contact one of the stall holders?

Please email and describe the stallholder, perhaps their position and what they were selling and we will do our best to find their details.

Is there food and alcohol available for purchase?

A variety of our best local food businesses participate in the Moonlight Markets including. Beer and Wine is available for purchase.

Can I bring my own alcohol?

Thorndon park is not a dry zone, Alcohol is able to be brought into the reserve.

Can I bring a picnic?

Yes families are able to bring a picnic to the markets.

Is there a play area for children?

The playground is available for use at the markets - other activities for children will be organised per market - see councils website or the Messenger for more details in the lead up to each market.

Can I get a map of the stalls?

The stalls change every market date, so at this stage we are unfortunately unable to provide a map. Please see the information stall at each market for information.

Where do I park my car?

Parking is available in the car park adjacent Throndon Park off Hamilton Terrace, Paradise. Also parking is available on the oval which is located through the car park.

What public transport is available?

Public transport is available from the west side of King William Street, adjacent to Currie Street - Bus number 176.  The ride will take approximately 42 minutes.  Exit the bus at stop 30 on Gorge Road.  Walk east to Hamilton Terrace to the markets, approximately a 3 minute walk.

Public Transport to Thorndon Park

View Larger Map

Can I bring my dog?

As Thorndon Park is a recognised bird sanctuary, dogs are prohibited in Thorndon Park at all times.

Can I use a bbq at the park during the markets?

BBQ's are located at the park, however due to the numbers attending the markets it would be very difficult to access the bbq areas.

If I lose something at the markets, who do I call?

Any lost property is taken to the council offices on Monday mornings - any items will be held at Council for a week then taken to Holden Hill Police Station.  Please phone Council between 8.45am and 5.15pm on 8366 9222.

ERACampbelltown Made South Australia
Font SizeDecrease font size Reset font size Increase font size